Consultation on children’s disability services
May 15, 2013 25 Comments
The public consultation on the children’s Integrated Disability Service has now closed. All responses to the consultation are being considered. Final proposals on changes to the service will be presented to Cabinet on 12 September 2013.
Papers for all WCC committee meetings are available at www.warwickshire.gov.uk/democracy
As part of this consultation, we are carrying out public consultation events on the Integrated Disability Service. These events are for all of the public to attend and we are encouraging as many people to attend as possible.
- Oak Wood School, Morris Drive, Nuneaton, CV11 4QH on the 25th June at 1pm – 2.30pm
- Welcombe Hills School, Blue Cap Road, Stratford upon Avon CV37 6TQ on the 27th June 2.00pm – 3.30pm
- Lillington Youth Centre, Mason Avenue, Lillington, Leamington Spa, CV32 7QE on the 2nd July 10.30 – 12 midday
- Camp Hill Education Sports and Social, Cedar Road, Camp Hill, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 9DN on Monday 22nd July at 10.30am – 12 midday
There are also two Parent & Carer Forum meetings:
- Kings Hill Nursery, Kings Hill Lane, Coventry, CV3 6PS on Wednesday 12th June at 10am- midday
- Hillmorton Manor, High Street, Hillmorton, Rugby, CV21 4EE on Thursday 18th July at 9.45am- 11.45am
We are inviting as many people as possible to have a say about redesign proposals for children’s disability services in Warwickshire.
Warwickshire County Council will be remodelling the Integrated Disability Service (IDS) short breaks and social care services to meet recommendations set out in the Children and Families Bill 2013 and to make essential savings from the service budget.
We have to reduce our spending by nearly £70 million by 2014/15 and all services across the authority have been affected. This is not a matter of choice and some difficult decisions have to be made.
The savings target for the IDS has been set at £1.7m which will reduce the service’s total budget to £7.1m from next year.
A significant proportion of the savings will be internal with no impact on frontline services, however, we need to seek views on a modernisation and redesign programme for short breaks and social care.
Consultation proposals focus on targeting support to those in greatest need by redefining eligibility criteria and aim to offer much more choice and control to families about how they access services.
This consultation will run for twelve weeks from the 15th May to the 8th August and depending on the outcomes of this process, recommendations will be presented to the county council’s Cabinet in September 2013.
You can respond to the consultation in a number of different ways:
- Online using the following link: at Consultation on children’s disability services
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post to IDS Consultation, Warwickshire County Council, Saltisford Office Park, Ansell Way, Warwick, CV34 4UL using the following document: Warwickshire IDS Consultation form
Please find below further information on the Integrated Disability Service including more information on the consultation, a Glossary of Terms and Frequently Asked Questions: