Stratford-on-Avon Core Strategy New Proposals Consultation
August 1, 2013 Leave a comment
A new consultation begins on Thursday 1st August on the recent proposals in Stratford-on-Avon District Council’s Core Strategy endorsed by their Full Council on 22nd July 2013. The District Council is currently finalising its Proposed Submission Core Strategy, the plan which once adopted will manage development in the District up to 2028.
Before the remaining formal stages of the Core Strategy process can be undertaken, Stratford-on-Avon District Council are carrying out a period of consultation on a small number of specific but important matters which have not featured in previous drafts of the plan. These are:
- A Canal Quarter Regeneration Zone in Stratford-upon-Avon, together with two employment areas on the edge of town, south of Alcester Road and east of Birmingham Road.
- A new settlement comprising approximately 4,800 dwellings in the Gaydon/Lighthorne Heath area.
The Stratford-on-Avon Core Strategy proposals interactive document further explains the purpose of the consultation and contains links to each of the consultation questions.
The public consultation runs for 6 weeks from Thursday 1 August 2013 to 5pm Friday 13 September 2013. Comments received after the deadline may not be taken into account. Please note that comments on other aspects of the Core Strategy are not sought at this time.
Consultation documents are available online, at the District Council offices and public libraries across the District, during normal opening hours.
You can respond to this consultation in a number of ways:
- Online via the consultation interactive document which contains links to each of the consultation questions
- Comment directly on the online comment form without opening the document
- Comments can be made on the comment form and returned via email to: email@example.com
- Post the comment form to: Stratford-on-Avon District Council, FREEPOST CV2468, Consultation Unit, Chief Executive’s Unit, Elizabeth House, Church Street, STRATFORD-UPON-AVON CV37 6BR
- Alternatively, please leave your comments below.
Stratford-on-Avon Council will publish a summary of comments received and this information will be published online and in reports as part of the Core Strategy process.
For further details please contact Stratford-on-Avon District Council’s Planning Policy team on 01789 260865 or email firstname.lastname@example.org