Draft Learning Disability Statement of Intent (Plan) – 2015-2018 Consultation
January 30, 2015 Leave a comment
Warwickshire County Council are gathering your views on the Draft Learning Disability Statement of Intent 2015- 2018.
THIS CONSULTATION HAS NOW CLOSED
Whats the new Learning Disability Plan about?
We want to improve the lives of people with a learning disability. We will do this by supporting people to be more independent, have healthier lives and have more choice and control. People told us they wanted a plan that would have a positive impact on their way of life, one that was realistic, could be easily understood and be measured. We all have different aspects to our life that contribute to having a happy and fulfilled life. We have tried to write our plan to reflect this.
There are five key areas in the plan:
- My Home Life– People with learning disabilities have a home of their own. A safe and secure place where their needs can be met by skilled support staff when needed. People with learning disabilities want to have more independence.
- My Work Life– People with a learning disability want job opportunities, and to be able to make a valued contribution to the local work force either through paid employment, voluntary work or work experience. People with a learning disability want to engage in meaningful day time activities.
- My Family Life – We want to support carers and make sure they have fulfilled lives.
- My Lifestyle – We want people with a learning disability to be well and healthy. We want people with a learning disability to have equal access to health care and health promotion services and to receive reasonable adjustments to achieve this
- My Social Life – People with a learning disability have told us that they want to make friends and have relationships.
The Summary Easy Read Plan and supporting documents can be found on the following link: http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/learningdisabilitystrategyor if you would like a paper version please contact: Hardipjohal@warwickshire.gov.uk or telephone: 01926 742414
There are a number of ways that people can put forward their views:
- On-line survey:
- Paper Copies of Questionnaire:
- Drop in Sessions at your local Community Hub: We will be holding drop in sessions at the each of the Community Hubs across Warwickshire, please see below for details:
Tuesday 10 February 2015 10:30am – 2:30pm Stratford Community Hub –
The HUB, Stratford Sports Club, Swans Nest Lane, Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire CV37 7LS
Tuesday 3 March 2015 10:30am – 2:30pm Atherstone Community Hub –
The HUB, 106 Long Street, Atherstone, CV9 1AN
Thursday 5 March 10:30am – 2:30pm Leamington Community Hub –
The HUB, Leamington Spa Hub Town Hall, The Parade Leamington Spa, CV32 4AT
Wednesday 11 March 2015 10:30am – 2:30pm Nuneaton Community Hub –
ISS, Church Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire CV11 4DS
Thursday 26 March 2015 10:30am – 2:30pm Studley Community Hub –
The Hub, Studley Village Hall High Street Studley B80 7HJ
Saturday 28 March 2015 10:30am – 2:30pm The Hub Community Cafe –
31-32 High Street, Rugby, Warwickshire CV21 3BW
Please pass on the information to anyone you feel would be interested in putting forward their views on the consultation.
The Consultation will close on Friday 24th April 2015. For further details about the Consultation, please contact Hardip Johal: Hardipjohal@warwickshire.gov.uk or telephone: 01926 742414.