Consultation on the development of SEN Provision in Rugby
October 13, 2015 Leave a comment
Too many learners with the most severe and complex needs have in the past been unable to access local education provision. There are identified gaps in Warwickshire’s provision for Special Education Needs & Disabilities (SEND) and many of the families affected describe their experience of the local education system as non-inclusive. In order to improve the situation the Council, alongside a wide range of partners, has developed. Warwickshire’s Vulnerable Learners Strategy 2015-18.
The Strategy is focused on championing better life chances for Warwickshire’s most vulnerable children and young people to ensure that they, in keeping with every child and young person in Warwickshire, will:
- Attend a good or outstanding school or setting;
- Achieve well whatever their starting point or circumstances; and
- Go on to a positive destination
The Strategy set a number of priorities for action including the development of new SEND Provision. The implementation of this is now under way and the Council will be launching a number of different public consultations in the coming months setting out each of these proposals, all of which will be published here on this web-page.
Current Proposal for Consultation – Brooke School Partnership
Warwickshire County Council is proposing the development of two new Special Educational Needs provisions in the Rugby area;
- One for up to 7 primary-aged pupils embedded within Rokeby Primary School
- Another for up to 14 secondary-aged pupils embedded within Harris Church of England Academy
Both settings will be managed and staffed by Brooke Special School and will have their own separate admissions criteria and process.
Please click on the following links to view the following documents that you may find useful in completing the consultation:
- A two page summary of the proposal
- A seven page background information document setting out the full details of the proposal.
The consultation will run from October 13th to November 13th 2015.
If you wish to have a chance to ask questions about this proposal you are invited to a public event as follows:
7pm Wednesday 21st October
Please notify Brooke School if you want to attend this event either by telephone (01788 812324) or email: email@example.com
Once you are ready to complete the questionnaire, please click HERE to complete the survey. Alternatively if you have any queries or feedback relating to this consultation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following documents are not essential reading for the purpose of this consultation but provide additional background and context to these proposals.
- Link to the Strategy for Vulnerable Learners – See Here
- Summary of Warwickshire Council Vulnerable Learners Strategy – See Here
- Presentation providing an overview of the implementation plan for the Vulnerable Learners Strategy – See Here